Reef HQ Aquarium recently received Government funding to upgrade the 33-year-old facility. A short-term closure of the facility is required to ensure the safety of staff and visitors during construction. This closure is scheduled to commence from February 1st, 2021 for a period of up to 12 months. Due to this, memberships are no longer available for purchase or renewal.
As restrictions continue to ease across Queensland, we are looking forward to welcoming our members back to Reef HQ Aquarium. We are open again.
We thank our members for their understanding and patience.
There will be a sea change to your Reef HQ Aquarium visit.
All guests, including members, will need at advanced ticket with a confirmed date and time slot. This will ensure social distancing measures, allowing 1 person per 4 square metres is maintained, and will also allow us to collect contact details for each visiting group for contract tracing requirements.
Bookings are free and are available two weeks in advance of every session.
- 9am to 10:30am - Members Only Session. (Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and every day of the Queensland School Holidays. Member guests will be permitted from Friday, 14th August, 2020.)
- 10:30am to 1:30pm - Morning Session.
- 2pm to 5pm - Afternoon Session.
- Can members attend both the member's only session and morning session on the same day? Members may attend both sessions, however you will need to book both sessions and have a confirmed ticket for each.
- Can we bring a member guest to the member only session? You may being a member guest to the Member Only session commencing on Friday, 14th August. The Member will need to book on behalf of their guest/s and complete the COVID declaration on behalf of themselves and any member guests. In the unlikely event that COVID-19 contact tracing is required, the member who booked will be contacted and be responsible for contacting all other persons under that booking. If you wish to visit for longer than the member's only session time of 1.5 hours, you will need to book for the 10:30am session as well, as this session is regularly booked out every day. You will be requested to leave the Aquarium at 10:30am and reenter.
- Do I need to book for everyone in my group? Please book for everyone in your group. This includes children under 5, as they are included in our capacity restrictions. For member guests, just select the relevant number of adults and children. The appropriate cost (therefore single family or family or concession) will be applied on entry.
- Do I need to print the booking tickets? No, you do not need to print your booking ticket. Your booking can be available on your phone or we can look you up manually in the booking system when you visit Reef HQ Aquarium.
- Can I cancel my booking if I can no longer visit? We would appreciate you canceling your booking if you can no longer visit. To cancel your booking, please open your confirmation email and click on the "Contact Event Organiser" button. We will be able to cancel your booking on your behalf once notified.
Reef HQ Aquarium Membership Officer:
- P: +61 7 4750 0800
Standard Reef HQ Aquarium Membership Program Terms and Conditions:
- Entry to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Reef HQ Aquarium (Reef HQ) as a Reef HQ Member requires a current membership along with approved photographic identification and proof of entitlement to any concession benefits.
- Reef HQ membership cards are perpetual cards. If a replacement card is required, a $10 fee will apply.
- All Reef HQ memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable or non-redeemable for cash.
- Reproduction of a Reef HQ membership card in any form is strictly prohibited.
- Only the person/s listed on a membership can enter the aquarium and access membership benefits.
- All membership benefits and discounts apply as per the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide. Discount offers and “Around Town Discounts” listed in the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide are subject to alteration or removal without notice.
- Discounts do not apply to Reef HQ gift certificate purchases, functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties and are not valid with any other promotional offer.
- Additional fees for Reef HQ special events or programs including functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties, may be applicable to Reef HQ Members.
- Exclusive Member only events are available to valid registered membership card holders. Members must present their membership card on entry.
- An additional child fee applies to Gold and Standard memberships in the Family and Single Family classification, where there are more than three children aged between 5-18 years.
- Members are responsible for ensuring the details of their Reef HQ membership are correct at all times.
- Reef HQ reserves the right to update or change the Reef HQ Aquarium Terms & Conditions of membership. Full terms & conditions are available by clicking here.
- A Reef HQ Aquarium membership may be ceased if a member:
- fails to comply with the terms and conditions of membership,
- misuses any privilege afforded to them under the membership program, or
- misuses their membership card or breaches the conditions of entry to Reef HQ Aquarium.