Reef HQ Aquarium recently received Government funding to upgrade the 33-year-old facility. A short-term closure of the facility is required to ensure the safety of staff and visitors during construction. This closure is scheduled to commence from February 1st, 2021 for a period of up to 12 months. Due to this, memberships are no longer available for purchase or renewal.
If you already hold an active Reef HQ Membership, which was disrupted due to our closure for COVID-19, please continue reading as we will begin implementing our plan to compensate members for this unexpected closure.
As restrictions continue to ease across Queensland, we are looking forward to welcoming our members back to Reef HQ Aquarium when we reopen from COVID-19, in stage 3 of the road map.
We thank our members for their understanding and patience.
For memberships purchased between April 2019 and September 2019: all memberships will be extended to 31/01/2021, to provide a minimum twelve months’ worth of visitation. We will implement this automatically to your membership.
For memberships purchased between October 2019 and March 2020, you have two options available:
Reef HQ Aquarium Membership Officer:
- P: +61 7 4750 0800
Standard Reef HQ Aquarium Membership Program Terms and Conditions:
- Entry to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Reef HQ Aquarium (Reef HQ) as a Reef HQ Member requires a current membership along with approved photographic identification and proof of entitlement to any concession benefits.
- Reef HQ membership cards are perpetual cards. If a replacement card is required, a $10 fee will apply.
- All Reef HQ memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable or non-redeemable for cash.
- Reproduction of a Reef HQ membership card in any form is strictly prohibited.
- Only the person/s listed on a membership can enter the aquarium and access membership benefits.
- All membership benefits and discounts apply as per the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide. Discount offers and “Around Town Discounts” listed in the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide are subject to alteration or removal without notice.
- Discounts do not apply to Reef HQ gift certificate purchases, functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties and are not valid with any other promotional offer.
- Additional fees for Reef HQ special events or programs including functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties, may be applicable to Reef HQ Members.
- Exclusive Member only events are available to valid registered membership card holders. Members must present their membership card on entry.
- An additional child fee applies to Gold and Standard memberships in the Family and Single Family classification, where there are more than three children aged between 5-18 years.
- Members are responsible for ensuring the details of their Reef HQ membership are correct at all times.
- Reef HQ reserves the right to update or change the Reef HQ Aquarium Terms & Conditions of membership. Full terms & conditions are available by clicking here.
- A Reef HQ Aquarium membership may be ceased if a member:
- fails to comply with the terms and conditions of membership,
- misuses any privilege afforded to them under the membership program, or
- misuses their membership card or breaches the conditions of entry to Reef HQ Aquarium.