A Reef HQ Aquarium membership offers unlimited entry for the validity of your membership to Reef HQ Aquarium, representing fantastic value when compared to a single use general admission ticket. In fact most Members will see a benefit in just a few visits.
Take a look at the table below which shows how many standard visits it would take to offset the cost of a membership:
|Standard Membership||Premium Gold Membership|
|Adult||1½ visits||6 visits|
|Single family||2 visits||4 visits|
|Family||1½ visits||Just over 2 visits|
|Couple||1½ visits||3 visits|
Membership provides some great benefits:
- Each visit offers an ever changing, always fascinating experience at Reef HQ Aquarium
- Unlimited entry for the validity of your membership throughout the year (Reef HQ Aquarium is closed Christmas Day, Anzac Day and the Australia Day public holiday)
- Awesome around town discounts at participating ‘discount partners’
- Quarterly member's newsletter highlighting activities and events
- Exclusive invitations to 'member only' events and activities at Reef HQ Aquarium
Reef HQ Aquarium is a non-profit organisation, and with your support, continues the important work of inspiring everyone to care for the Great Barrier Reef.
Your contribution assists Reef HQ Aquarium to provide the best possible care for the hundreds of animals that call Reef HQ Aquarium home.
Membership Categories & Prices
Standard Membership Inclusions: (Individual / couple / single family / family)
- 1 card issued per membership
- 10% off guest general admission day entry price (general admission tickets only – discount applies to a maximum of 5 guests per membership per visit per day).
- 10% off selected items at Reef-In-Store gift shop
- 10% off selected items at Waterview Cafe
- Around town discount
|Standard membership type||Cost February 2020|
Individual - (One adult without children or with children under 5 years)
Couple - (Two adults without children or with children under 5 years)
Single Family - (One adult with up to three children aged 5-18 years, under 5 years free)
Family - (Two adults with up to three children aged 5-18 years, under 5 years free)
Additional Children - (Extra to the three children allowable on Family and Single Family) Per child
Please note: With the recent funding announcement, which provides us the opportunity to upgrade infrastructure at our 32 year old facility, a short-term closure of the facility is required to ensure the safety of staff and visitors during construction. The possible closure will commence from February 1st, 2021 for a period of up to 12 months. The date is not yet confirmed as logistics are still being finalised. However, a proposed closure date is necessary to continue effective business operations of the Aquarium, in particular for our Membership program. From Saturday, February 1st, 2020 new and renewing memberships will be sold at a pro-rata rate, with all memberships expiring January 31st, 2021. The above price list will be updated each month with the current membership pro-rata rate.
You can apply for your Reef HQ Aquarium membership at the reception area on your next visit. Complete a membership form prior to visiting: Membership Application word version (59KB) and Membership Application PDF version (366KB).
If you require further information please contact:
Reef HQ Aquarium Membership Officer:
- P: +61 7 4750 0800
- E: membership@reefHQ.com.au
Standard Reef HQ Aquarium Membership Program Terms and Conditions:
- Entry to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Reef HQ Aquarium (Reef HQ) as a Reef HQ Member requires a current membership along with approved photographic identification and proof of entitlement to any concession benefits.
- Reef HQ membership cards are perpetual cards. If a replacement card is required, a $10 fee will apply.
- All Reef HQ memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable or non-redeemable for cash.
- Reproduction of a Reef HQ membership card in any form is strictly prohibited.
- Only the person/s listed on a membership can enter the aquarium and access membership benefits.
- All membership benefits and discounts apply as per the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide. Discount offers and “Around Town Discounts” listed in the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide are subject to alteration or removal without notice.
- Discounts do not apply to Reef HQ gift certificate purchases, functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties and are not valid with any other promotional offer.
- Additional fees for Reef HQ special events or programs including functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties, may be applicable to Reef HQ Members.
- Exclusive Member only events are available to valid registered membership card holders. Members must present their membership card on entry.
- An additional child fee applies to Gold and Standard memberships in the Family and Single Family classification, where there are more than three children aged between 5-18 years.
- Members are responsible for ensuring the details of their Reef HQ membership are correct at all times.
- Reef HQ reserves the right to update or change the Reef HQ Aquarium Terms & Conditions of membership. Full terms & conditions are available by clicking here.
- A Reef HQ Aquarium membership may be ceased if a member:
- fails to comply with the terms and conditions of membership,
- misuses any privilege afforded to them under the membership program, or
- misuses their membership card or breaches the conditions of entry to Reef HQ Aquarium.
Full Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement can be read by clicking the link here.