Standard to all Reef HQ Aquarium Memberships - Terms and Conditions:
- Entry to Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Reef HQ Aquarium (Reef HQ) as a Reef HQ Member requires a current membership along with approved photographic identification and proof of entitlement to any concession benefits.
- Reef HQ membership cards are perpetual cards. If a replacement card is required, a $10 fee will apply.
- All Reef HQ memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable or non-redeemable for cash.
- Reproduction of a Reef HQ membership card in any form is strictly prohibited.
- Only the person/s listed on a membership can enter the aquarium and access membership benefits.
- All membership benefits and discounts apply as per the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide. Discount offers and “Around Town Discounts” listed in the Reef HQ Aquarium membership benefits guide are subject to alteration or removal without notice.
- Discounts do not apply to Reef HQ gift certificate purchases, functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties and are not valid with any other promotional offer.
- Additional fees for Reef HQ special events or programs including functions, conferences, group bookings, education bookings or birthday parties, may be applicable to Reef HQ Members.
- Exclusive Member only events are available to valid registered membership card holders. Members must present their membership card on entry.
- An additional child fee applies to Gold and Standard memberships in the Family and Single Family classification, where there are more than three children aged between 5-18 years.
- Members are responsible for ensuring the details of their Reef HQ membership are correct at all times.
- Reef HQ reserves the right to update or change the Reef HQ Aquarium Terms & Conditions of membership.
- A Reef HQ Aquarium membership may be ceased if a member:
- fails to comply with the terms and conditions of membership,
- misuses any privilege afforded to them under the membership program, or
- misuses their membership card or breaches the conditions of entry to Reef HQ Aquarium.
Gold Membership Terms and Conditions (in addition to the Standard T&C as above)
- 2 cards issued per membership.
- 2 complimentary adult guest general admission vouchers will be issued and are to be used within membership year.
- Treat this pass like cash.
- Lost or stolen complimentary passes will not be replaced or reissued.
- Not to be in conjunction with any other offer.
- This pass is to be used in one transaction only and thereafter any remaining unused product balance will be forfeited.
- Not redeemable or refundable for cash.
- Cannot be exchanged or upgraded.
- This pass will expire on the date indicated on the pass.
- Our record of expiry date is final.
- 40% off guest general admission day entry price (general admission tickets only – discount applies to a maximum of 5 guests per membership visit per day).
- 20% off selected items at Reef-In-Store and the Waterview Café.
Standard Membership Terms and Conditions (in addition to the Standard T&C as above)
- 1 card issued per membership.
- 10% off guest general admission day entry price (general admission tickets only – discount applies to a maximum of 5 guests per membership per visit per day).
- 10% off selected items at Reef-In-Store and the Waterview Café.
Privacy Disclosure Statement
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) outlined in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Government Agencies Privacy Code which regulate how entities may collect, use, disclose and store personal information. Reef HQ is the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Aquarium, shop front and café.
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Reef HQ (Reef HQ) Aquarium collects information from members such as title, full names, postal and street address, year of birth of all members, including children, telephone and e-mail contact details. Credit card details are also requested when paying by credit card. This information is collected directly from new and renewing members from membership forms. This information is stored using Reef HQ’s point of sale system provider, a third party data storage provider, and is collected, used and stored by Reef HQ Aquarium for the purposes of servicing your membership and providing information to you related to Reef HQ’s activities. Reef HQ Aquarium collects and discloses a member’s e-mail address to MailChimp, a third party software application, for the purposes of distribution of the Reef HQ’s Member’s e-newsletter.
The personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of: becoming a member of Reef HQ Aquarium, servicing your membership and keeping you informed about the latest announcements (including distribution of the Reef HQ e-newsletter), updates and providing information to you related to Reef HQ’s activities. Reef HQ may also contact you from time to time for research and feedback purposes to help Reef HQ provide a better service. Your completion of any Reef HQ membership form is voluntary.
Personal information obtained will only be used and disclosed for the purposes outlined above and will not be used or disclosed without your consent, except where authorised or required by law. You have the right to access the personal information Reef HQ Aquarium holds about you at any time and to provide any amendments where necessary by contacting:
by email – Memberships Officer – membership@reefHQ.com.au
in writing - Memberships Officer – Reef HQ Aquarium, PO Box 1379, Townsville QLD 4810
Reef HQ tries to ensure that all information collected, stored, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Should your personal information change, please notify Reef HQ’s membership officer as soon as practicable.